Become a Friend of Americans Who Tell the Truth (AWTT)! Together we will make a difference.
Your donations to AWTT, a non-profit 501.c.3 organization, help us promote engaged citizenship. With your help, we will continue our work:
- Teaching students the value of citizenship and the histories of the people who have advocated for America’s founding ideals.
- Training teachers to bring the AWTT portrait subjects and their stories into classrooms.
- Creating lesson plans and curriculum materials for teachers who want to bring “Models of Courageous Citizenship” into the classroom.
Discovering Courageous Citizens, who inspire us all.
- Engaging students and teachers alike with materials and information on our website.
- Reminding all citizens of our responsibilities to justice and to our hard-won rights as Americans.
- Collaborating with local and national educational organizations to teach accurate history and ethical citizenship.
Other Ways to Donate
You can use your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express to make your gift online using our secure online giving form.
Being generous is easier than ever with the option of making a recurring credit card gift to pay your pledge over a number of months.
Please know that AWTT is charged a processing fee of 3% for all credit card donations. If you prefer to have Americans Who Tell the Truth benefit from the full amount of your intended gift, please consider adding an additional 3% to your total, or sending a check to AWTT directly. Thank you!
Using a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a relatively cost-effective way for donors to reap maximum tax benefits while supporting the causes they care about. Often, DAFs can be set up with as little as $1,000 or $5,000 and grants can be as small as $50. In addition, DAF holders can take a federal income tax deduction up to 50% of adjusted gross income for appreciated securities. Further, by transferring assets such as real estate or limited partnership interests to a DAF, donors can avoid capital gains taxes and receive an immediate, fair-market-value tax deduction. Please consult your financial advisor to clarify the advantages of using a DAF and email Kristie to let AWTT know of your gift.
When using a DAF to make a gift, you will need the following information:
AWTT Address: 46 Bridge Road Brooksville ME 04617
EIN: 56-2672793 501(C)(3)
Americans Who Tell the Truth is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Corporate matching gift programs, often available through an employer, are an effective way to double the impact of your gift to Americans Who Tell the Truth. Please check with your employer for more information, and let the Kristie know if we can anticipate an employer contribution on your behalf.
Giving a gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds can be to your financial advantage. In most cases, you may claim a charitable income tax deduction for the full fair market value on the shares and avoid capital gains taxes. Please consult your financial advisor to clarify the advantages and email us Kristie to let us know of your gift. This will ensure that your gift is transferred and credited correctly.
When you email, please provide the following information:
- Full name of the donor(s)
- Name of the stock
- Number of shares
- Date of transfer
- Intended use
- Name and telephone number of your broker
The preferred method of receiving stock is via DTC to our agent, Name of Company. Your broker will need the following information:
- Account #:
- DTC #:
- Americans Who Tell the Truth EIN: #56-2672793 501(c)(3)
- Name of our person at BirchBrook:
- Name of Co:
For use with domestic and USD international wires:Name: Bangor National Savings Bank
- Address:59 Foster St Ellsworth, ME 04605
- ABA/Routing Number: 211274382
- Swift code: (If applicable. Not to be used in lieu of ABA #.)
- Name on account: Americans Who Tell the Truth
- Account number: 4023125636
- Wire room telephone:877. 226.4671
Please contact Kristie Gonzalez Director of Development and Engagement at Kristie if you have any questions about a wire transfer.